Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Taste of heaven....I've been tried so many carrot cake recipes but no one had satisfied my sweet tooth, until I found this fabulous easy to make carrot cake recipes. I made it once and then made it again and again.


Do you have an all-time favorite cake?  While I would like to say chocolate, I think my absolute favorite cake is actually carrot cake.   I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with the carrots and everything to do with the cream cheese icing.


Typically, carrot cake can be loaded with extra calories and fat.  While I think it’s okay to indulge once in a while, I’m always trying to make our favorite recipes healthier.  I mean, why not enjoy a delicious carrot cake that tastes just like the real thing, but has only healthy ingredients.  I feel a lot less guilt when enjoying a slice.


CARROT CAKE with CREAM CHEESE FROSTING




Ingredients:                  Frosting:

1½ cups flour 250 g package cream cheese
1 cup sugar ½ cup butter, softened
½ tsp. salt                     5½ cups icing sugar
½ tsp. baking sodas 1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. cinnamon
¾ cup veg.oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
¾ cup shreded carrots
¾ cup chopped walnut
¾ cup shredded coconut
¾ chopped pineapple


* Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking pan and set aside.

* In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
  then mix well. 

* In medium bowl whisk together the oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix egg
  mixture into the flour mixture. Fold in carrots, walnuts, coconut, 
  and pineapple until combined. 

* Pour batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes or 
  until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the
  pan for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack and cool completely.

* Meanwhile, for the frosting, in a large mixing bowl beat the cream 
  cheese and buter with a electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in the
  vanilla. Slowly add the icing sugar, scraping bowl between additions 
  of icing sugar. Continue mixing until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator
  until of spreading consistency. Spread the cream cheese frosting over
  the cooled cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment